Cargill’s Protein business includes Case Ready meat packaging facilities. These facilities provide various packaged meat products to retail supermarket shelves to further our purpose of nourishing the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. We operate some of the most technologically advanced plants in the world, but they can’t run by themselves – we depend on creative, responsible, hardworking individuals like you!
Bring your skills to our team and we can provide you with the tools, opportunities, and a culture that values and supports employee growth! To learn more about life at Cargill, visit our career page!
Shift: First Shift
Compensation: $33.50 - $40.90
A Typical Work Day May Include:
• Completing preventative, predictive, and reactive industrial electrical work throughout the facility
• Documenting all completed work and the conditions found; utilizing maintenance computer software as necessary
• Installing, maintaining, testing, evaluating, and repairing various electrical components and systems including medium voltage automation systems and motor control circuits
• Comprehending (mechanical/electrical) schematics, blue prints, and/or operation manuals
• Creating, installing, and troubleshooting for wiring system layouts and circuit routing
• Assisting with supervisor duties and leadership responsibilities as necessary
• Operating forklifts and/or scissor lifts
• Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations
• Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
• Exposure to wet and/or humid conditions in a warm or cool environment, as well as slippery surfaces at varied heights
• Standing for long periods of time, the use of stairs and ladders, and wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated areas of the facility
• Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
• Must be 18 years or older
• Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
• Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50 lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
• Must be able to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc.
• Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
• Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays with advance notice
• Basic use of a computer
• Advanced experience troubleshooting and maintaining various electrical components and systems including medium voltage automation systems and/or motor control circuits
• Possession of a Journeyman Electrician license or electrical professional certification
• Experience with creating, installing, and troubleshooting wiring system layouts and circuit routing
• Experience with Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) and Electronics Programming (PLC)
• Prior supervisory and/or project leadership experience
What Will Put You Ahead:
• Experience with SAP or a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
• Experience with programming Software , such as Rockwell, Siemens, etc.
• Experience working with food industry technology, such as scales, metals detectors, etc
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code.
Interested applicants may apply here