Golf Course Maintenance ApprenticeshipFull Job Description
Are you looking to increase your skills, earn higher wages, national credentials and career advancement?
Relish working as part of a team and take pride in seeing a project completed?
Aren't afraid of hard work or rolling up your sleeves to get a job done?
Looking to join one of the country's fastest growing occupations with over 300,000 job vacancies annually?
If you answered yes to all of the above, then you should know that we are seeking Apprentices to join our Golf Course Management Apprenticeship Program. Apprentices range in experience, skills and backgrounds using various pieces of small and large equipment to maintain and enhance the golf course. Wanumetonomy Golf & Country Club is seeking 1 Apprentice to join their team.
Registered by the Department of Labor, our Apprenticeship program offers job seekers a path to a new career through a paid apprenticeship with on-the-job training and the opportunity to explore a variety of specialities. Candidates with interests ranging from graphic arts to competitive sports can all discover a promising pathway for their dream career.
Our 6,000 hours of prescriptive on-the-job training, minimum of 432 hours of classroom instruction will allow those who participate the opportunity to earn college credit upon completion.
To learn more about the company, please visit https://wanumetonomy.com/
What Are the Benefits of Becoming a Golf Course Management Apprentice?
- Entry apprentice wage at $14.00 per hour with end wage at $20 per hour after 3-years
- Hands on career training provided by an experienced mentor with additional classroom style and "on-line" training offered at no charge.
- An education and the potential to earn college credit paid for by the employer.
- An opening to a successful long-term career with a competitive salary, and little or no educational debt.
- A paycheck from day one, guaranteed to increase as you master new skills in the United States.
Who should apply for the Golf Course Management Apprenticeship Program?
How we determine your qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of successful experience in horticulture, landscaping, golf course or athletic field maintenance is preferred for Level I, but entry level employees with no experience will be offered the ability to enroll into the Pre-Apprenticeship program.
- Complete thorough interview process
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Starting wage $14.00 per hour with ending wage at $20.00 per hour
- This is a Full Time Position
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Discounts Golf, Tennis, Fitness Apparel/Items
- Opportunity to enroll into medical, dental and health programs
- University of Georgia Certificate Training
- OSHA-10 Certificate Training
- National certificate from the US Department of Labor
- Rhode Island Pesticide License
Throughout the course of their apprentice, the individual will:
- Mow playing surfaces such as greens, tees, fairways, and roughs using hand and power-operated equipment
- Maintain bunkers and hazards in playable condition using power equipment and hand tools
- Program automatic and manual water schedules
- Make adjustments and repairs to irrigation and/or low voltage lighting systems
- Apply fertilizers and pesticides using wet and dry application methods
- Prepare and plant areas of turf using seed, sprigs, and sod
- Cleans limbs, branches, leaves, and debris from course
- Perform golf course set-up procedures
- Grade and landscape areas using tractors, skid steers, loaders, and hand tools
- Cultivate turf to remove thatch and improve soil using specialized equipment and hand tools
- Prepare and plant trees, shrubs, and flowers
- Trim trees and shrubs using hand and power-operated equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance on all course equipment
- Organizes equipment, tools, and materials for maintenance
- Learn to identify turf, plants, and pathogens on the golf course
- Must be self motivated, reliable and willing to take oral and written directions
- Should possess physical strength, stamina, and agility to perform the above tasks
- Must have reliable transportation to work and show up on time every scheduled
- Must be willing to work weekends as required to prepare the golf course for play
- Available to work weekends, evening shifts and major holidays (Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving, along with other special events from time to time)
- Mandatory compliance with all safety regulations, procedures, policies and rules
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds without assistance and in excess of 50 pounds with assistance
- Arrives punctually in full uniform with a neat & professional appearance at all times
- Dependable, punctual and team oriented
- Positive attitude and attention to detail
- Maintain logs for the operation, maintenance, and gas usage of each machine.
- Inspect all machines, before, during and after use, and report any deficiencies to the Equipment Technician or Manager.
- Utilize state of the art equipment and technology to maintain our golf course
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- One location
Interested parties may apply here