To work in all areas of the Facilities Department performing routine and emergency tasks that do not require a specialized technician.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Other Duties And Responsibilities
- To become familiar with campus locations and establish a knowledge base of all University buildings and their related interior and exterior building systems.
- Perform minor repairs, replacement of equipment parts, filters, belts, lubrication, to maintain and extend the life of mechanical equipment.
- Perform general maintenance required to enhance the operation of building systems including the replacement of shades, cleaning gutters, general painting, and pest control.
- Exercise emergency generators and assist HVAC technician as required
- Follow the established procedures for maintaining equipment and record progress.
- Perform duties related to preventive, routine, and emergency maintenance.
- Assist other trades during building renovations.
- This position is considered "essential personnel", and employee may be assigned work in other areas during emergency situations.
Licenses, Tool, And Equipment
- Work with other Facilities team members in a professional, supportive, and courteous manner in carrying out the responsibilities of this position.
- May be required to perform duties such as custodial, demolition, distribution, grounds, or snow removal during emergency or critical situations as may be directed by Management.
This position is subject to outside work where extreme cold and hot temperatures may be encountered. The potential exists where noise, vibration, hazards, and atmospheric conditions might also be encountered. Use of protective equipment is required. The General Maintenance person must be especially aware of appropriate safety and security measures.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Must have reliable telephone service that allows Management or Security the ability to contact you.
- Must have a working knowledge to safely operate hand and power tools.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible employees including:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have a minimum of one year of full-time maintenance experience or equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
- Must have working knowledge of building construction and repair.
- Must be able to do assigned work without constant supervision.
- Must be able to work overtime when and if required.
- Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with supervisor, fellow workers, and students.
- Must be neat in work appearance.
- Must have good communications skills to interact with students, faculty and staff members.
- Have the ability to work independently.
- This position involves traveling throughout the University and will require sufficient strength and physical dexterity for bending, reaching, ascending and descending ladders and stairs, working on staging, man lifts, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, standing, walking, pushing-pulling, lifting, feeling, talking, and hearing. Must be able to lift and carry 80 pounds.
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment background checks and reference checks are required of successful candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.
- health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- 403B plan
- tuition benefits and more
Interested parties may apply here.