Title: Director of Facilities
Classification: Full-time (Non-exempt)
Reports to: President
Salary: $70,000 – $85,000 annually ($33.65 – $40.86 per hour) commensurate with experience
100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, health savings account contribution, employer 401(k) direct contribution (no match required), 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 12 holidays and professional development assistance.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day facilities maintenance of NRF’s portfolio of properties. This includes, but is not limited to, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, landscaping, hardscaping, security, and fire. NRF is seeking a strategic thinker that will bring to the position a strong management background as well as the technical expertise to serve in a hands-on capacity. The Director of Facilities will have an office at Rough Point where they will spend a majority of their time.
- Manage and maintain Rough Point’s HVAC system and computer to provide continuous operation.
- Manage and maintain mechanical, electrical, plumbing, water heaters, and septics at all NRF properties, which includes:
- Managing routine maintenance and emergency repairs, and
- Responding to tenant work orders, in coordination with Tenant Liaison.
- Manage, maintain, and upgrade – as needed – appliances and water fixtures (e.g., faucets, toilets, showers, sinks, mixing valves, outdoor water fixtures) at all NRF properties.
- Oversee landscaping and hardscaping at all NRF properties, including managing a team of groundskeeper(s) and gardener(s).
- Manage and maintain security systems and security vendor(s) at NRF’s public-facing properties.
- Manage and maintain fire alarm systems and vendors at all NRF properties and ensure continued fire code compliance.
- Manage remediation and air quality concerns, when the need arises, at all NRF properties.
- Manage mold concerns, when the need arises, at all NRF properties, in collaboration with the Director of Preservation.
- Manage pest control at NRF’s public-facing properties, in coordination with the Director of Preservation and Senior Curator.
- Manage and maintain water quality at Rough Point, including coordinating with vendors.
- Oversee trash removal contracts at NRF’s public-facing properties.
- Manage subcontracted housekeeping NRF’s public-facing properties.
- Manage and maintain sump pumps at all NRF properties.
- Oversee on-call and emergency responses to all abovementioned trades and projects.
- Assist in setup of programs and events, including setting up and taking down tables and chairs.
- Assist in developing and managing annual facilities budget.
- Monitor conditions and strategically plan for all abovementioned trades and projects to address deferred maintenance, preventative maintenance, and long-term projects.
- This includes collaborating with the Director of Preservation on tracking and addressing conditions that pertain to strategic initiatives such as the collection’s response to sea level rise and the organization’s approach to energy efficiency
- Execute and track HVAC, electrical, plumbing and other facilities-related projects outlined in the Rough Point, Vernon House, and Whitehorne House Museum strategic planning documents, in collaboration with the Director of Preservation.
- Ensure that OSHA standards are met at all times, as well as other industry best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years experience in one or more of the following fields: HVAC Technician, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing trades, in addition to a working knowledge of all trades.
- Advanced mechanical skills and knowledge of plumbing, HVAC and other building systems.
- 5+ years experience with project management and personnel management.
- Sensitivity to historic buildings and museums as well as a willingness to learn and adopt NRF’s preservation and museum ethics.
- Ability to climb stairs, work from elevated surfaces including ladders, staging, and roofs as well as work in tight spaces.
- Ability to lift or move item(s) up to 80 lbs. with assistance, and occasionally assist with heavier item(s).
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics.
- Must possess fundamental ability to track expenditures and operate within a budget.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to exercise good judgment with a strong attention to detail.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and dedication, including when interacting with NRF’s tenants and outside contacts.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Speak and take direction in English.
- Gas and oil boiler/furnace licenses
- Refrigerant certificate
- Experience working with historic buildings and/or museum environments.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled. EOE.