Event StaffFull Job Description
The Events staff works with the Private Event Manager to produce, set-up, oversee and breakdown private and semi-private events held at the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
· Work with the Private Event Manager to provide the highest level of service to our guests
· Assist in pre-event set-up and post-event break-down, this includes heavy lifting, site maintenance, on-site security, and crowd control
· Assist with various aspects of tournament events and other Hall of Fame social events, including a complete weeks’ worth of events the second full week of July
Requirements & Preferred Skills
· Physically able to lift and move 40lbs
· Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
· Must have a sense of urgency and attention to detail
· Must be energetic, personable, and professional
· Team player, with a willingness to jump in to assist team when needed
· Must have great guest service skills and enjoy interacting with the public
Location & Time Commitment:
· Position is based at the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, Rhode Island.
· This a part-time position, work is based on the events scheduled for the week, most are on weekend evenings, however some may be during the week.
About the International Tennis Hall of Fame
The International Tennis Hall of Fame preserves and promotes the history of tennis and celebrates its champions, thereby serving as a vital partner in the growth of tennis globally.
The ITHF is a non-profit organization located in Newport, Rhode Island. It is a dynamic organization comprised of diverse business operations to support that overall mission.
· The Museum at the ITHF chronicles the history of tennis and the stories of its greatest champions through an extraordinary collection and interactive exhibits.
· The Hall of Fame Tennis Club is a year-round tennis facility offering junior and adult programming on three surfaces – grass, hard courts, and clay.
· Annually in July, the International Tennis Hall of Fame hosts the Infosys Hall of Fame Open, an ATP Tour event. The tournament is hosted in conjunction with Hall of Fame Enshrinement Weekend when the ultimate honor in tennis is presented.
· The tournament is hosted in conjunction with Hall of Fame Enshrinement Weekend when the highest honor in tennis is presented to the sport’s greatest champions.
For additional information, visit tennisfame.com.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $16.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
Interested parties may apply here.
- Weekend availability