MIKEL is currently seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to be part of our dynamic Virginia / Columbia (VA/CLB) Power team. The engineer will provide development, integration, certification and test support to the VA/CLB class Electronic hardware.
- Perform MIL-SPEC-1399-300B EQT testing on equipment to ensure compatibility with existing Submarine power systems. This includes acting as customer liaison, collecting system data for test setup, ensuring delivery of test systems/lab equipment, execution of testing, and drafting of EQT report on the results of the testing.
- Assist with designing/proving and testing circuitry required to perform MIL-SPEC-1399-300B EQT testing on customer supplied equipment.
- Set up informational and technical meetings between NUWC Power Team, PARMS, and vendors, in order to ensure smooth progress in engineering practices and dealing with current technical issues in an expeditious manner. Inviting members for same, and crafting minutes and reports for dissemination to key parties.
- Verify power, thermal loading figures for current and proposed systems and subsystems, ensuring proper fit and function in its physical shipboard location.
- Attending and reporting on arrangement meetings to this end.
- Review VA and CLB Class drawing change documents for NPES related items and provide recommendations or concurrence to the appropriate PARMS or POC’s within the required timeline.
- Assist in administration of Laboratory equipment, ensuring physical security, proper delivery and usage, and maintaining calibration on all assets. This includes providing an updated equipment report for the NUWC Power Team.
- Maintain and repair proprietary laboratory systems to ensure all testing devices are in proper condition for immediate use.
- Maintain reports and written laboratory procedures to reflect the current and up-to-date standards and practices.
- Maintain records of all testing evolutions performed by the power team.
- Assist in training of new staff members.
- Provide the NUWC Power Team and MIKEL with Weekly and Monthly Highlight reports.
Travel Required: Yes. Up to 20%
Ability to obtain a Department of Defense secret security clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of experience OR 6+ years of field related experience
- Minimum Secret Clearance
- Proficient with Adobe and Microsoft Office application suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability / willingness to write extensively, with sufficient clarity that documents are understood by Engineers and Naval Personnel.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to handle/move heavy equipment as required
Interested parties may apply here.