Subject Matter Expert - Sonar arrays
MIKEL Inc. is seeking a Senior Engineering Candidate, Subject Matter Expert for part time SONAR array engineering analysis.
Location is at NUWC Division Newport Campus in Newport RI.
- Perform in depth, detailed Sonar Engineering analysis on emerging sensors and arrays.
- Generate Engineering documentation on findings from Analysis.
- Deliver/Present findings from engineering analysis and studies to NUWC staff and Sponsors.
- Assist in identifying opportunities for strategic growth and participate in market surveys as a key contributor.
- Ability to provide high attention to detail to ensure accuracy of data
- System Matter Expert for Sonar array Modeling and Simulation
- Must have leadership skills, analytical skills, excellent communication skills, problem-solving skills, customer service.
- Must have an understanding of Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs.
- Bachelors and Master's Degree in technical field required
- 35 years minimum experience required
- Experience with open system architecture, commercial protocol for sensor array telemetry, timing, and synchronization
- Experience with design and analysis for Large Vertical Array
- Experience with Research and Development for electronics and fiber optic systems for advanced development model Sonar Arrays.
- Experience with Submarine On-Board Tactical Trainer, Weapons system Trainers and Weapons Tactical Trainers.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Interested parties may apply here