KVH is looking for an Electronics Buyer, preferably with an electrical engineering focus. You help us solve our electrical component problems by reviewing and suggesting alternate components! This is a full time contract position.
- Arranges and participates in conferences between suppliers and engineers, inspectors, and others to facilitate material inspection, substitution, standardization, and economical procurement of parts and equipment.
- Interviews supplier representatives regarding specifications, costs, inspection, and similar problems relating to parts and equipment.
- Identifies, develops and manages cost reduction as electronice products are developed and through release to manufacturing.
- Interviews and confers with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price availability and delivery schedules.
- Participates in establishing performance criteria and specifications for electronic parts and components.
- Advises company personnel, suppliers, and customers of nature and function of parts and equipment.
- BA/BS in Electrical Engineering or a related technical experience required.
- Experience working with electrical components, electro-mechanical assemblies, and PCBA’s required.
- Experience with Engineering or Procurement/Contracts with a minimum of 5-7 years purchasing experience preferred.
- Strong PC skills: Microsoft Word and Excel, MRPII/ERP systems desired.
- Able to negotiate.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Interested parties may apply here