Director of Engineering
The primary duties of a Director of Engineering is to ensure the smooth daily operation and guest appeal of the hotel. Responsible for overseeing the maintenance staff, in both office setting and on the property, addressing HVAC and other types of issues. In addition to maintenance duties, the Director of Engineering will also work with contractors to coordinate renovations, remodeling projects and new construction.
- Responsible for coordinating all maintenance and replacement of HVAC systems.
- Responsible for maintaining all hotel pools and spas.
- Responsible for coordinating all maintenance and repairs on kitchen equipment.
- Responsible for overseeing all general maintenance and repairs on property.
- Approves payroll for the Engineering and Landscape Departments.
- Coordinate renovations, remodeling projects and new construction.
- Assign staff to perform repairs (ie. sprinklers or instruct grounds crew to maintain outside landscaping.)
- Work closely with a small, close-knit team of engineers, product managers, and designers
- Ensure scalability and performance objectives are met
- Provide leadership and/or activities necessary for process optimization and
- Lead Management discussions
- Work closely with General Manager on budget
- Proven ability across multiple projects to deliver great product on-time and on-budget with an attention to every detail.
Knowledge And Skills
Education: Associates or Bachelors degree desired but work equivalency is recommended. High School Diploma
Experience: MUST HAVE Knowledge of HVAC systems, boilers, electrical, plumbing, swimming pools/ spas and landscaping. Prior supervisory experience a plus.
Skills and Abilities: Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.