MIKEL is an innovative defense leader at the center of undersea technology and engineering services. Founded in 1999, MIKEL is a woman-owned small business that continues to support the U.S. Navy and help ensure undersea superiority for the Fleet. As we continue to grow our team, MIKEL is always looking for candidates that want to grow with us; learning new skills and expanding expertise while working at the cutting edge of defense technology.
MIKEL is currently looking for an experienced Configuration Management Specialist II – Future Capabilities
- Support Future Capabilities CM/ILS in any tasks required including:
- Tracking schedule of Future Capabilities, including Unmanned Systems and Future Payloads, and understanding the incorporation point, requirements, and expectations for CM/ILS
- Developing Engineering Changes and Temporary Engineering Changes and collaborating with Future Capabilities team members within our division to obtain data and ensure its accuracy
- Developing CM/ILS plans for demonstration of Future Capabilities and integrating those new capabilities and payloads into AN/BYG-1 production
- Attending AN/BYG-1 CM/ILS group meetings as required, including the CM/ILS Team Meeting and Future Capabilities Meetings
- Positively interfacing with other activities (Program Sponsors, Naval Sea Logistics Center, NUWC Keyport, etc…) as required
- Working with Microsoft Access database to maintain current and correct CM/ILS/Installation data including completions of tasks and boat schedules
- Completing any other tasks requested by team leads to support the completion of CM/ILS products, such as assisting in the maintaining and organization of the CM/ILS area of the AN/BYG-1 Collaborative Environment, supporting CM documentation development and approval, and obtaining access to all databases required for completion of tasks
- Minimal travel may be required for this position.
- Individual will be seated at NUWC Division Newport.
- Bachelors level degree in any field and/or a minimum of 5 years’ experience related to CM/ILS efforts
- Work positively in a team and take direction from team leads
- Complete tasks in a timely manner as required to support upcoming installations and deadlines
- Maintain high attention to detail to ensure accuracy of data
- Analytical ability to define problems, collect necessary data, establish facts, and to take recommended action based upon applicable established guidelines
- Familiarity with computer hardware and software; proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with AN/BYG-1 Combat System is a plus
Department of Defense secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Interested parties may apply here.