At Child & Family, we hold two core beliefs. That individuals and communities thrive when supported by strong families and that a community works best when it accepts responsibility for all of its members. These beliefs influence everything we do and have guided our growth since we first opened our doors in 1866.
To promote the optimal development and well being of children through family-centered child care. Assist in the planning and implementation of developmentally appropriate program which emphasizes learning through play.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a professional demeanor by acting as a role model
- Demonstrate a professional manner through promptness, proper notification of tardiness or absence, maintaining a professional appearance and attitude, and proper respect for the program and agency
- Maintain a safe, sanitary, warm, stimulating, and inviting environment
- Possess the skills necessary to manage an Early Childhood classroom, while providing appropriate supervision of children at all times
- Assist, support and receive guidance from classroom teacher or Associate Teacher in daily operations
- Aware and reactive to children’s needs - physical, emotional, and cognitive
- Knowledge of the developmental stages of Early Childhood
- Use this knowledge to assess each child in the following areas: emotional, social, physical, and cognitive
- Be an integral part of curriculum planning
- Developing plans which meet the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive needs of each child
- Assist in the development of monthly curriculum
- Assist in the implementation of daily activities based on the children’s individual assessments
- Oversee children’s activities interacting directly with groups and individuals
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a Child Care setting
- Must meet all state licensing regulations and requirements
- Must be physically capable of lifting up to 25 pounds
This position is one which has been identified as having responsibility for the assessment, treatment, or care of clients. Therefore, the incumbent must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide the care appropriate to the age of the clients served within the program. The incumbent must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development and the ability to assess data reflective of the client's status in addition to being able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each client's requirements relative to his/her age specific needs and be able to provide the care needed as described in the program's policies and procedures.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Discounted child care available at Middletown building
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Worksite wellness programs
- Generous vacation & sick time
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
Child & Family will not discriminate against any individual on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, color, race, creed, national origin, ancestry, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations, genetic predisposition or genetic carrier status, or any other protected category under local, state or federal law, nor will anyone receive special treatment for those reasons, except for reasonable accommodation as required by law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
C&F strives to achieve a workforce that includes representation of qualified affirmative action group members in proportion to the qualified and available target group workforce in the community that we serve.
Interested parties may apply here.