About Salve Regina University
Salve Regina University competes as a Division III member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), The Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC), the New England Football Conference (NEFC) and The Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference (ECAC). The University sponsors 19 intercollegiate sports for men and women in addition to club and intramural teams, and a variety of recreational opportunities. SRU Student-Athletes distinguish themselves in the classroom as well as on the field with more than 35% attaining a GPA of 3.4 or higher.
Coaches, supervises and develops the swim team in accordance with institutional and departmental objectives within the rules and regulations of the governing bodies for the club team.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Adhere to the policies and guidelines set forth by the University and the Athletic Department.
- Meet regularly with the Director of Athletics & Club Sports Coordinator to go over budget, schedules
- Assists with plans, and preparation for practices and scheduled competitions to provide a positive and competitive experience for players.
- Establishes team rules and protocols and implements appropriately.
- Provides team supervision at competitions both on and off campus. Interprets and implements the rules and regulations of the team, the department and the university.
- Represents the university and team at all appropriate competitions and club meetings.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Club Sports Director or the Director of Athletics.
- Baccalaureate degree strongly preferred
- Competitive swimming experience
- Coaching experience preferred
- Must possess current CPR/First Aid Certification
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment background checks and reference checks are required of successful candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.