About Salve Regina University:
Salve Regina University, ranked as one of the most transformative colleges in the United States by Money Magazine, is a comprehensive Catholic University located in the scenic coastal community of Newport, Rhode Island. The University's commitment to academic success and personal discovery extends beyond its historic campus into a dynamic world where the application of higher thinking and skill are most valued. Salve Regina offers bachelor's and master's degree programs, graduate certificates, and doctoral programs in humanities, international relations and nursing. Enrollment includes more than 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students from across the U.S. and around the world.
As a member of the annual giving unit, responsible for digital solicitation, engagement, and outreach to alumni, families and friends of the University to acquire new and renewed donors for the University's annual giving program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Foster a collaborative and empowering work environment rooted in Salve Regina University's Mercy mission: demonstrate empathic leadership through the positive engagement of Advancement team members and campus partners.
- Develop new digital fundraising initiatives and techniques such as crowdfunding projects and giving days that support annual giving and alumni participation. Analyze and report response metrics for digital communications and solicitation initiatives.
- Promote, identify and qualify crowdfunding projects across the University. Work with stakeholders and volunteers to facilitate effective short-term campaigns that contribute to identified needs of the University and increase alumni participation.
- Curate branded content for fundraising, engagement and cultivation, including, text, graphics and video for multi-channel use. Oversee maintenance of social and web pages for Advancement.
- Recruit and manage alumni and other volunteers to serve as digital advocates, giving day ambassadors or campus leaders to assist with digital fundraising.
- Mentor and engage student workers and volunteers for the Student Philanthropy program to create opportunities for digital fundraising initiatives.
- Working with the senior director of annual giving programs, develop strategy for digital fundraising to reach annual, capital, and long-term goals. Ensure all social media calendars are coordinated for digital fundraising platforms.
- Manage a portfolio of key alumni, parent, and other prospects for volunteer engagement and for personal solicitation.
- Provide digital content as requested by advancement leadership for fundraising and engagement purposes.
- Serve as liaison to University Communications and Marketing team and advocate for Advancement's needs by attending weekly communications meetings and maintaining good working relationships
- Manage relationships with digital marketing companies to ensure they are meeting Advancement needs and standards.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform other duties as assigned by the director of Annual Giving Programs
An ideal candidate will demonstrate technical aptitude, creative thinking and enthusiasm for the fundraising objectives of Salve Regina University. S/he will be comfortable communicating directly with stakeholders, including, volunteers, alumni, students and staff. A Bachelor's degree and at least two years of fundraising or related experience required. Previous personal solicitation experience a plus. Knowledge in digital fundraising channels (crowdfunding, website, digital brochures, etc.) using web and office tools, including, GiveCampus, Thru-Text, Facebook, Linked-In, Instagram, Photoshop, Adobe Spark and video editing software preferred. Basic understanding of higher-educational development preferred. Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills required.
Must have: ability to work collaboratively; excellent writing skills and an understanding of brand and style guidelines; experience with and understanding of online constituent engagement tools such as Sales Force or Blackbaud; and an understanding of digital marketing, including content management systems, email management, social media, and web analytics. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software applications. Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends required.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible employees including:
- health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- 403B plan
- tuition benefits and more
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment background checks and reference checks are required of successful candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.
Interested parties may apply here.