- Staff Athletic Trainers (ATs) work under the direction and supervision of the Head Athletic Trainer (Head AT) and Team Physician to provide health care to approximately 575 varsity student-athletes competing on 20 teams.
- Salve's staff of four ATs provide injury and illness prevention, wellness promotion and education, emergent care, examination and clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions for the University's varsity student-athletes in the Athletic Training Clinic and on the field.
- The AT will serve as the primary AT services provider for teams to be determined by the Head AT and includes some travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide medical coverage for practices and competitions as deemed necessary by the Head AT, including travel for some away contests.
- Regular evaluation, treatment, rehabilitation, and referral of varsity student-athletes' injuries and conditions.
- Documentation of injuries, therapy, referrals, and other pertinent interactions.
- Provide communication between student-athletes, coaches, team physician, and administrators as necessary.
- Referral to appropriate external healthcare practitioners.
- Provide supervision and training for student workers in the Athletic Training Room.
- Assist with inventory, ordering, and maintenance of the Sports Medicine department supplies and equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree, required; Master's Degree, preferred.
- NATABOC Certification
- Rhode Island Athletic Training License (to be obtained before the date of hire)
- Appropriate Emergency Cardiac Care certification as required by the BOC
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, and computer skills, are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and relate well to students.
- Strong work ethic, passion for the profession, and commitment to student-athletes.
LICENSES, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT:
Rhode Island Athletic Training License (to be obtained before the date of hire)
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible employees including:
- health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- 403B plan
- tuition benefits and more
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Interested parties may apply here