Performs a wide range of duties related to the processing of residential mortgage loans that are both file and vendor level in nature. Candidate for hire must have a Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of two years of loan processing experience, and the ability to become NMLS licensed.
Responsibilities & Activities
The role will be responsible for loan processing functions including:
- Assumes primary responsibility for the loan file upon receipt.
- Proactive in communicating status on the loan to both the borrower and the Loan Originator, and managing to the closing date.
- Finalization and disclosure of loan documents directly to the customer and assist in electronic receipt/signature.
- Organize and assess all documents provided by the borrower(s), credit report, title report, flood certificate, homeowners insurance, appraisal and any other pertinent documentation that may be required.
- Provide documentation to satisfy loan conditions and stipulations.
- Ensure regular and timely communication with the borrower(s), Underwriter, Loan Officer, Title Company, Loan Officer, Real Estate Agent and other third parties, as necessary.
- Maintain a system to insure all contractual dates including but not limited to mortgage contingency, closing and rate lock expiration are met.
- Remain current on all internal policies and product guidelines.
- Conduct pipeline review meetings with assigned Loan Officer(s).
- Ensure service level agreements (SLA’s) are met.