We are looking for a PART - TIME MECHANIC for the Town of Tiverton! You will be responsible for maintaining the vehicles and mechanical equipment of Town.
- Performs preventive maintenance scheduled for all vehicles and mechanical equipment, either personally, or through outside vendors
- Operates a variety of diagnostic instruments and variety of hand, electric, and air driven tools
- Tests, services and repairs vehicles and mechanical equipment
- Inspects, adjusts and replaces necessary units and related parts in the performance of repair and maintenance work
- Cuts and welds metal and performs body repair, touch up and related work
- Change and repairs tires and tubes
- Evaluates status of mechanical equipment and vehicles, and performs or schedules needed repairs.
- Conducts various analyses and inspections of vehicles and mechanical systems to determine the most cost-effective means of maintenance, repair or replacement.
- Purchases equipment, parts, and supplies used for vehicle and mechanical system maintenance in the absence of the Head Mechanic and under the general supervision and guidance of the Director of Public Works.
- Provides emergency field assistance to disabled equipment as needed and appropriate. Maintains records, prepares reports and other specialized maintenance records of equipment.
in mechanics, maintenance management, or closely related field.
- Education and Experience:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent plus some specialized training
Necessary Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Three (3) years of related experience, or
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
hydraulics, fire pumps and valves, generators, and welding; price trends and grades or quality of materials and equipment;
working knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to municipal maintenance and repair activities; working
knowledge of the practices, methods, materials and tools used in modern equipment maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of automotive mechanics; considerable knowledge of gas and diesel engines, transmissions,
to their completion; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective
working relationships with employees, supervisors, vendors and the public.
Valid State Driver’s License with Class B CDL endorsement or ability to obtain one within (6) six months.
Valid Payloader/Backhoe Ltd. License or ability to obtain one within (6) six months.
- Skill in operation of mechanic’s tools and equipment.
- Ability to maintain effective preventive maintenance programs, policies and procedures; ability to carry out assigned projects
Interested parties may apply here.