Job Summary: The primary responsibility of this position is carpentry repair and maintenance at NRF properties. On occasion, as directed by the Crew Foreman, this position may also assist with projects at NRF’s mill.
- Repair all wood aspects of houses including roofs, siding, fences, railings, doors, water tables, corner boards, windows, gutters etc.
- Repair locksets.
- Install and remove storm windows.
- Fabricate replacement moldings for house interiors.
- Removal of interior and exterior building features for job preparation.
- When assigned by the Crew Foreman, assist the Mill Supervisor with projects at the mill such as molding recreation, dutchman repairs, etc.
- Assist with general maintenance and repair at preservation properties and museums as needed.
- Assist with tenant turnovers, which may include – but is not limited to – clean up, minor interior painting, light electrical and plumbing, and other related duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Crew Foreman, Director of Preservation, and/or Executive Director
- Opportunity for participating in a rotating on-call schedule with stipend.
- At least five years’ experience in general carpentry, finish carpentry, wood siding and roofing.
- Must be highly-skilled in the use of both hand and power tools and possess extensive awareness of the safe operation of all tools.
- Must possess basic knowledge and awareness of heavy equipment, such as large table saw, thickness planer, radial arm saw, etc.
- Must have a solid knowledge of workplace safety procedures and hazardous materials in order to prevent injuries and accidents and ensure compliance.
- Experience working on historic buildings and / or restoration carpentry is advantageous.
- General knowledge of plumbing, heating and electrical for residential properties is advantageous.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to exercise good judgment with a strong attention to detail.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and dedication, including when interacting with NRF’s tenants and outside contacts.
- Must follow all rules and regulations in the NRF Personnel Policy and Safety Program.
- Must possess strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to work in a variety of inclement weather conditions.
- Must be able to work from extended heights using extension ladders, staging and lifts.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs alone or large weights in concert with other.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from work as well as job sites in Newport, Middletown and Portsmouth, Rhode Island.
- Must own and bring to the job site basic carpentry hand tools.
- Speak and take direction in English.
Salary: $40,560 annually ($19.50 per hour) with full benefit package; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, health savings account, paid time off, 401(k) contribution.
Mon-Fri 8:00 AM -4:30 PM
All employees are required to comply with NRF COVID-19 policies.
Interested candidates should submit a résumé to email@example.com. by EOB Tuesday February 1st, 2022. Review of applications will begin immediately. EOE.