Technology Development Program: Cloud Engineer I (June 2021)
About the jobJoin our Technology Development Program (TDP) and unlock your full potential as a technologist! Participants will help drive outstanding and efficient customer and colleague experiences through progressive projects and initiatives.
In addition to our assignments, comprehensive training and exposure to multifaceted leaders, participants will also experience an environment that fosters equality - where all colleagues and customers can feel valued, respected and heard. After all, diversity and inclusion is a critical element of our success here at Citizens.
Note: this program is located in Johnston, RI
Cloud Engineer Track
Cloud Engineers work to modernize the way Citizens stores and accesses data. Working in a collaborative environment, Cloud Engineers offer independent thought and engineering expertise while seizing opportunities for cloud implementation.
The Cloud Engineer l Will
- Help to lead the blueprint design process.
- Support the implementation of cloud-based solutions throughout the organization; serve as a cloud advocate.
- Offer continuous technical support to cloud-based solutions end-users and partners.
- Evaluate the performance of cloud applications and solutions; analyze opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure adherence to cybersecurity protocols throughout the design process; collaborate with cybersecurity and software engineering teams.
The ECDP Offers
New hires will also partake in Early Career Development Programming (ECDP) – a robust, 4-month program that provides a strong foundation of Citizens.
- 2-day Orientation in downtown Boston with all bank-wide development program colleagues
- Professional development workshops (such as Agile Methodologies and Communicating with Impact)
- Exposure to senior leadership and dedicated community service activities
- Strategic Challenge where you’ll work in small teams to solve for an organizational problem and present your recommendations to a panel of executives
What you’ll need to apply
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, CIS, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or other technology-related degree
- Expected graduation date of May 2021
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Experience with cloud engineering via internships or coursework, which could include: developing cloud solutions, cloud architecture, developing and implementing cloud adoption plans, and cloud application design
- Cyber security coursework preferred
- Exposure to one or more of the following preferred: VMware, vSAN, AWS, Azure, OpenStack, NSX, SDN
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a team environment; strong interpersonal and communication skills
Why work with us
As one of the region’s largest banks, we’re known for our innovative spirit and friendly environment. And the people we work with are why we come to work every day. Because here, skills are honed, experience is one of a kind, and ambition is rewarded. You can train with Wall Street veterans and FinTech innovators; perform on live projects that impact results; run with your ideas and give back to your community.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement up to $7,000 a year, wellness programs and more.
Awards we've received
- Forbes World's Best Banks (2020)
- Forbes Best Employers for Diversity (2020)
- Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality – 100% Corporate Equality Index (2020)
- Military Friendly Employer (2020)
- Dave Thomas Foundation – Best Adoption-friendly Workplace (2020)
- Diversity, Inc. – Top 25 companies for diversity (2019)
- Forbes Best Employers for New Grads (2019)
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F 8:30am - 5pm
Why Work for Us - At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity - It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/VeteranCitizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Interested parties may apply here