Division: Retail Banking
Reports to: Branch Officer
Location: 165 East Main Road, Middletown, RI
20 hours per week
Performs a wide variety of customer service operations and general clerical duties, including transactions for checking, savings, loans, and other assigned services. Builds positive customer relations as the Bank’s main point of customer contact; maintains working knowledge of established policies and operating procedures. Makes customer referrals in defined areas.
50% Transaction Duties:
- Executes an extensive variety of customer transactions in accordance with Bank policy and procedures.
- Maintains working knowledge of all products offered by the Bank and corresponding policies and procedures.
- Maintains working knowledge of all banking regulations.
- Handles large amounts of cash in an organized, timely and accurate fashion. Balances own cash drawer daily within the prescribed balancing guidelines.
- Acts as significant deterrent of robbery and fraud loss to Bank by following procedures and regulations and knowing the customer.
- Assists in daily office work to ensure proper balancing of branch and timely delivery of work to appropriate departments. May assist with branch capture of transaction work and cash letter reports as needed.
- Provides back up and support to Branch Supervisor tasks as needed.
- Available to work Saturday hours as required.
50% Customer Service:
- Handles routine customer issues while executing excellent customer service principles. Identifies appropriate area to refer more complex issues and/or problems.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills at all times to promote positive image for bank through face to face communication and telephone etiquette.
- Cross-sells and refers non-traditional bank products e.g. insurance & investments to meet established goals.
Ensures compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations, and prescribed policies/practices/procedures necessary to reduce risk and uphold ethical standards related to and required by one’s duties
To advance from the introductory stage must:
- Score minimum of 80% on Teller (transactions) Skills Assessment
- Meet balancing requirements
- Receive satisfactory 90-day manager performance review
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior transaction or teller experience preferred
- Prior customer service experience preferred
- Cash handling experience
Skills & Knowledge:
- Customer service skills
- Communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Interpersonal skills
Berkshire Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Interested parties may apply here