Manager of Software Engineering
Full Job Description
As the Manager of Software Engineering, you will lead a team providing technology solutions supporting the Merchant Point of Sale Financing capability (Citizens Pay). As Manager, you will combine your technical expertise and strong leadership skills to spearhead a results-driven engineering operation. The dynamic workload will encompass both attribute enhancements and cutting-edge innovations. Successful candidates will have a broad experience in either customer facing mobile/web solutioning or back end API integrations; preferably both.
The Manager of Software Engineering will be responsible for:
- Developing, managing and retaining a team of highly-inquisitive technologists, offering them both mentoring and coaching.
- Collaborating with architects, product managers and other technical or non-technical stakeholders to define design approaches that are aligned with the customer-centric product vision and that are performant, resilient and secure.
- Ensuring the best engineering and documentation practices are understood and followed.
- Coordinating with peers within the organization to ensure seamless integration of functional workflows.
- Ensuring successful incremental product releases while driving to deadlines and optimizing investments. Assuring quality through efficient management of team and resources.
- Evaluating and limiting risk and vulnerabilities during the software development process by consistently employing industry best-practices.
- 10+ years of hands-on software development experience with a proven record of successfully developing consumer-facing, reliable and scalable products
- 7+ years of relevant managerial experience, managing teams of technologists and engineers
- Excellent understanding of engineering software processes, methodologies (agile, waterfall, SCRUM and life-cycle), configuration management, release management and systems verification and test
- AWS/AZURE/GCP experience, including managing sensitive assets
- Bash and Linux experience
- Experience with CICD pipeline (Jenkins, or equivalent)
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills. Ability to translate and communicate business strategies and transform those into tactical value.
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry, developing solutions for consumer banking, portfolio management, trading, compliance or wealth management
- 3+ years of experience in leading solution delivery teams that have leveraged various integration patterns (API, streaming, data)
- 3+ years of experience in leading mobile app solution delivery leveraging React Native or similar.
- Understanding of banking system and custodial and consumer banking operations
- Comfortable navigating large corporate structure to ensure timely delivery of projects
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline
- Preferred: Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F
Interested parties may apply here