Secretary - Naval War College
Job Title: SECRETARY (OA) in the Special Advisors Division,
Provost Office of NAVAL WAR COLLEGE.
Pay scale & grade: GS 6; Salary: $43,338 to $56,341 per year
Appointment type: Term - NTE 14 MONTHS; Work schedule: Full-Time
Travel Required: Not required; Supervisory status: No; Promotion Potential: None
Security clearance: Not Required; Drug test required: No
• You will coordinate with staff and external agencies to ensure proper support and protocol for events sponsored
by other agencies and organizations.
• You will execute office automation functions (e.g., storing and retrieving electronic documents or files, activating
printers, or entering and using electronic mail and information systems).
• You will answer questions or explain information to contacts within and outside the organization.
• You will draft emails, letters, memoranda, or reports in support of administrative practices.
• You will schedule and arrange visits for meetings, ceremonies, tours, or program sponsored events.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-05 grade level or
pay band in the Federal service OR equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must
demonstrate the following:
1. Coordinating electronic and telephonic communications and actions between inter and intra organizational offices
to support personnel administrative support;
2. Using computer software programs to prepare a variety of correspondence, reports and forms in accordance with
3. Reviewing documentation for proper format, conformance with Service policies, procedural instructions,
grammar, punctuation, and/or spelling;
4. Maintaining electronic and hard copy files and records;
5. Preparing minutes to disseminate information for scheduled meetings or visits; and
6. This position requires the ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Company Website (Address provided below)
Company Website: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582807800
Apply online ONLY: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582807800