Full Job DescriptionLocation: Newport, RI Category: Education Posted On: Fri Feb 5 2021 Job Description:
Provide an excellent level of customer service to students, families, other offices and outside vendors. Priority will be on billing process including answering phones, responding to e-mails and greeting/meeting with students and families. Counsel students and parents in areas of billing such as understanding payment options and the elements of the student bill. Also provide support to students and family concerning online processes. Assist in special projects and orientations as determined by the Director of Student Accounts. Provide administrative support to the Director and other Business Office staff as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer and screen incoming telephone calls and visitors in a professional manner using excellent customer service.
- Schedules appointments and coordinates arrangements for meetings with students and families.
- Maintain the Business Office e-mail account responding to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Organize office workflow and initiates follow-up action.
- Update all forms as requested. and organize filing
- Prepare and organize files of information pertinent to Business Office.
- Provide parents and students with general Business Office information.
- Reconcile Monthly Salve Card.
- Process daily deposit for tuition.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Open and distribute all incoming mail for Business Office and Accounts Receivable.
- Respond to routine requests for information and refer complex requests to appropriate staff members.
- Supports the Business Office in events, including occasional evening and weekend events, such as but not limited to receptions, orientation, and commencement.
- Support collection efforts which may occur outside standard hours of operation.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- A high school diploma or GED and 1-3 years of previous customer service experience required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and telephone skills with a positive work attitude.
- Must possess the ability to handle a busy office environment and work independently as well as part of an office team. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance.
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Interested parties may apply here