Executive Assistant to the CEO
The Preservation Society of Newport County is seeking a full time Executive Assistant to the CEO. This position will work up to 40 hours per week. The primary schedule is Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Certain events will require working evenings, holidays and weekends.
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the Office of the CEO. This position entails the maintenance of the business and travel schedule, including travel arrangements, assignment of meetings and room reservations, and preparation of project-related materials as required. The Executive Assistant represents the Preservation Society to all external constituencies and the tourism community, with particular emphasis on Trustee relations and communication; managing the daily calendar and operations of the Chief Executive’s Office; and providing administrative, clerical, and time management support to aid in the achievement of the CEO’s strategic annual and long-range goals.
- Provide high-level administrative support and assistance to the Office of the CEO.
- Perform administrative tasks including drafting letters, memos, invoices, reports, and other documents for the Office of the CEO.
- Arrange travel and accommodations.
- Schedule and attends meetings on behalf of CEO staff, taking notes and recording minutes.
- Receive incoming communication or memos, reviews contents, determines importance, and summarizes and/or distributes contents to appropriate staff.
- Create and develop visual presentations for the CEO and Chief of Staff.
- Upon assignment, work independently and within a team on special and nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Act as a project manager for special projects at the request of the CEO, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, and organizing companywide events.
- Perform office tasks including maintaining records, ordering supplies.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
The desirable candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with four plus years of related experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems.
- Ability to type minimum of 50 words per minute.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office or similar software with the ability to learn new or updated software.
Interested parties may apply here.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.