The Administrative Assistant performs routine clerical and administrative work in answering the phone, receiving the public, providing customer assistance, data processing and record-keeping. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Executive Administrative Assistant.
Educations & Experience
- High school graduate minimum, GED or associates degree in business related field.
- At least one year of experience in a clerical position.
- Bi-lingual Spanish / Portuguese strongly preferred.
- Answers telephone and directs calls accordingly.
- Receives the public and answers questions, in person and by telephone.
- Responds to inquiries from employees and others and refers, when necessary to the appropriate person or department.
- Operates office machines as required.
- Prepares outgoing mail; sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Copies and distributes materials as needed.
- Composes, types correspondence, reports and other material as needed.
- Working with the medical supply coordinator maintains sufficient stock of both medical and office supplies.
- Works a rotating schedule with Portsmouth office staff to assist with weekend and holiday phone coverage needs.
- Assists with patient scheduling overflow.
- Assists with patient interpreting services as needed.
- Assists with patient phone calls as needed.
- Knowledge of medical terms and ability to spell, punctuate and use correct grammar.
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong organizational and communicational skills
- Ability to follow oral or written instructions, types accurately, and operates standard office equipment (i.e., computer, photocopier, fax etc.)
- Experienced in problem solving and customer service.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Excel, Homecare Homebase experience preferred.
Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, marital status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, veteran status, any other non-merit-based factors, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Founded in Newport, RI in 1950, Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice has grown from a small grassroots homecare agency to a regional homecare organization employing over 300 people. Headquartered now in Portsmouth, Rhode Island, we also have branch offices in North Kingstown and Providence as well as a supply station in Swansea, Massachusetts. We provide home care nursing, rehabilitation, hospice & palliative care, maternal child health, social work, and community clinics to over 900 patients daily and take pride in living our mission of providing optimal health and quality of life for individuals across Rhode Island and in Southeastern Massachusetts.
- Part time / 24 hours per week/ Hourly / Non-Exempt
- Benefit eligible.
- Portsmouth, RI office.
- Some travel may be warranted at times, with mileage reimbursement.
Interested parties may apply here