MRC is currently seeking a Full Time Administrative Assistant to support Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division, Newport (NUWCDIVNPT).
The qualified candidate will update crane operator records in the Weight Handling Equipment Management Information System (WHEMIS) for training, licensing and qualification including updates to Personnel Qualification Standards, medical certification, and completed training courses. The employee shall scan the documents contained within crane history jackets into the WHE data systems. NUWCDIVNPT has approximately 400 cranes and on average, this tasking will occur 8-10 times per week.
The Administrative Assistant will assist the training coordinator for 300 (plus), CAT1, CAT2, CAT3 and CAT4 Crane Operators licenses, for NUWCDIVNPT, Dodge Pond and Lake Seneca in the following areas:
- Track licensing status for all operators, and send notices to new operators applying for licensing, as well as notifications to operators whose licenses are scheduled for renewal.
- Send notices to operators regarding certifications required, training required, lifts required, medical certs needed, and application forms when needed.
- Enter all licensing information as received, into Weight Handling Equipment Management Information System (WHEMIS) Database.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- U.S. citizenship and eligibility for a security clearance required; current clearance a plus.
- The individual should be goal-oriented and have a strong work ethic.
- The ability to multi-task and work in a team environment is essential.
Interested parties may apply here.