Full Job Description
James L. Maher Center
Posting Date: June 7, 2021
Position: Administrative Assistant
Schedule: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, Occasional nights and weekends.
Pay Rate: $14.75 - $16.00 per hour
The mission of the James L. Maher Center is to advance independence and opportunity for adults with development disabilities and their families. Our purpose is to provide support to individuals and their families in order to maximize their participation in society and to aid them in becoming included members of their community. Our goal is to provide the minimum level of support necessary to provide each person the opportunity to manage his or her own life and enjoy maximum independence. Each individual is assisted to make real choices, to develop new relationships, to engage in life experiences and to live his or her life with dignity and respect.
- Answers incoming calls, directs appropriate party and/or records clear and precise messages.
- Operate and care for designated office equipment.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail; attend to outgoing mail as needed.
- Draft composes, and proof correspondence using current office software applications
- Creates and sustains systems for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal of confidential information
- Schedules and coordinates logistics for meetings and events
- Organizes and manages calendar schedule(s)
- A resource for office related software applications
- Copies, collates, sorts and distributes materials
- Interact professionally with all levels of internal and external personnel via phone, in person, and via written correspondence.
- Establish contacts with other internal and external customers. Institute solutions for the administrative needs of the organization.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years of previous, relevant experience serving in an administrative assistant capacity in a professional office setting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must possess organizational skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to manage, maintain and protect confidential data
- High School or GED
- Favorable National Criminal Background Check
- Valid Driver’s License and Reliable Transportation
Salary: To be discussed at interview
Deadline: Until filled
Contact: Human Resources
Advocating by and for people with differing abilities
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F, D/V
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.75 - $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Masks are still being worn in the group homes.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location