Purchase Requisition Specialist
Undersea, on the surface, or in the air, SEACORP leverages our software and engineering expertise to deliver cutting edge warfare systems.
We are searching for an experienced Purchase Requisition Specialist at our Newport, RI location.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Purchase Requisition Specialist will provide procurement support for the NUWC Newport Corporate Operations Business Office, Purchasing Requisition Group, Code 1071.
Tasks may include any or all of the following:
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
Sitting, standing, extended periods of time using a mouse and keyboard and looking at computer screens. Infrequent lifting of
Education: An Associate's Degree is required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably performing similar purchasing, contract management, or general accounting functions. Prior experience with the Navy ERP system, or prior experience supporting a Department of Defense activity such as NUWC Newport, are also desired. Candidate should have strong organizational skills; a focus on customer service; strong attention to detail; the ability to multi-task; proficient written and verbal communication skills; the ability to follow and ensure compliance with established standard operating procedures; and the ability to effectively communicate with customers and teammates at all levels of the organization. Familiarity with NAVSEA and DoD logistics tools (Haystack, OneTouch, or WebFLIS) and prior experience with contract procurements and Operating Materials and Supplies (OM&S), is a plus
Clearance Required: Secret
Successful candidates will enjoy competitive wages and a very rich benefit program, including:
Medical Benefits:Choice of two medical programs through Blue Cross & Blue Shield for you and your spouse or domestic partner; as well as your dependent children up to the age of 26. With access to participate in a choice (plan-specific) of Healthcare Accounts, either: A Health Savings Account (HSA) designed to help individuals save for medical and retiree health expenses on a tax-advantaged basis or a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) designed to help individuals save on eligible healthcare expenses by using pre-tax dollars.
Dependent Care Benefits:An FSA to pay for items such as daycare/nanny fees, day camp, and eldercare expenses when certain conditions are met.
Dental Benefits:A best in class Dental Insurance Plan, which offers coverage for checkups and cleanings, x-rays, fillings, orthodontia, and more.
Vision Benefits:An excellent Vision Benefit providing discounts and allowances for prescription glasses and contact lenses.
Retirement Benefits: A qualified 401(k) Retirement Savings Account with a generous employer matching contribution up to 8% of your eligible compensation. We offer a variety of investment options so that each employee can customize their portfolio according to their own investment style and free investment advising provided by a well-respected financial firm to help employees make critical retirement planning decisions. Our plan allows for rollover contributions from your previous employers and after-tax (Roth) contributions, all within IRS guidelines.
Life Insurance Benefits:We provide employer paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance equal to your annual salary. In addition, Supplemental coverage is available for yourself, your spouse or domestic partner, and your dependent children as well as Supplemental Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
Additional Benefits: Tuition Reimbursement and Time-Off Benefits - Ten (10) Paid Holidays per year, and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy to ensure that you can take time away from work for the things that are most important to you.
We welcome you to apply for this exciting opportunity to support us in our mission to provide superior engineering support to the U.S. Navy.
SEACORP is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices laws. SEACORP strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
- Perform the role of Purchase Requisition (PR) Technical Screener, serving as the interface between the departments and Code 1071 by providing procurement support for the Federal Supply System, the Simplified Acquisition process (SAP), and Navy ERP.
- Provide analysis and validation of each request and implement NAVSEA and local policies governing material purchase requisitioning including MILSTRIP, major/ minor contract procurements, and requirements determination.
- Perform the role of Purchase Requisition (PR) Creator within the Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (Navy ERP) tool.
- Ensure accuracy of information entered into the Navy ERP system.
- Order approved materials and process service contract procurement actions via Navy ERP, adhering to standard, defined processes
- Conduct product research on various websites, such as the National Stock System, Haystack, WebFLIS, One Touch, etc.
- Utilize products such as AIMTEC, Microsoft Word and Excel to develop and maintain reports and spreadsheets to track workload metrics and transaction status
- Track procurement status from initiation through receipt, relaying transition status to customers and assisting with issue resolution as appropriate
- Maintain associated files and documentation for program and customer records
- Provide general administrative support within the Business Office, as needed, to support unscheduled or surge requirements.
Interested parties may apply here