Draft Recommendations Published; Now Collecting Feedback Based on input from stakeholders and the Committee of Practitioners, RIDE has published the first drafts of recommendations for components of Rhode Island's ESSA State Plan.
Click here to view the ESSA State Plan Draft Recommendations Guide.
RIDE is now collecting your feedback on these recommendations so that your perspective can continue to inform our decision-making and our state plan can be responsive to your experience.
The following surveys will be open from March 31 – May 15, 2017. We thank you in advance for sharing!
1. Accountability Feedback Survey – English / Español
2. Supporting Educators & Leaders Feedback Survey – English / Español
3. Supporting All Students Feedback Survey – English / Español
4. School Improvement Feedback Survey – English / Español
Community Feedback Forums
Our community outreach continues in late April and early May. RIDE will host six regional community forums to share updates and gather feedback on the draft recommendations for the state's ESSA plan.
We will hold six forums at locations across Rhode Island:
· Greater Providence Area: Monday, April 24, at Cranston High School East, 899 Park Avenue, Cranston (Spanish language interpretation services are available)
· Southern Rhode Island: Wednesday, April 26, at Narragansett High School, 245 S Pier Road, Narragansett
· East Bay: Thursday, April 27, at Pell Elementary School, 35 Dexter Street, Newport
· Northern RI: Monday, May 1, at Cumberland High School, 2600 Mendon Road, Cumberland
· West Bay: Wednesday, May 3 at West Warwick High School, 1 Webster Knight Drive, West Warwick
· Providence: DATE TBA, at Providence Career and Technical Academy, 41 Fricker Street, Providence (Spanish language interpretation services are available)
All forums will take place from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. These forums are open to everyone, but to reserve a spot at any of the forums, click here: http://www.ride.ri.gov/essa-forums