We are excited to announce that our 2017 Board of Directors has officially been instated. To help members learn more about our Board, we have added a new component to our monthly e-newsletter. Our “5 Questions with the Board” feature will profile a different Board member each month!
This month, we welcome and introduce our Board member, Brad Cherevaty! Brad is the Owner of The Fifth Element.
1. What was your primary motivation for becoming a member of the Newport County Chamber of Commerce?
Initiallly, I was always taught to be a conscientious business owner and join community groups. My father drilled it into my head as a child as he always owned his own business.
2. What do you find most interesting about your business or industry?
One of my favorite things about the restaurant business is how fluid it is. It is constantly changing whether it be trends over months or years or guests over the course of the night.
3. How has your membership with the Newport County Chamber of Commerce helped to advance your business or industry?
KNOWLEDGE - There are so many resources at the Chamber for small businesses. There are so many opportunities to learn through the contacts that I've made or the meetings that I attend. I am able to stay very current.
4. What is your favorite Newport County Chamber of Commerce event or program?
I always look forward to the Annual Fundraiser at Rosecliff and the annual golf tournament.
5. What do you hope to bring to the Newport County Chamber of Commerce as a Board Member in 2017?
I hope to continue to bring awareness of the benefits of the organization to fellow business people who are not yet members of the benefits and continue to help those that are members successfully utilize the resources at hand.